Larkspur’s Flower Farm
Larkspur’s flower farm is located in rural Southwest Michigan in a lovely, redbud tree-lined town called Buchanan. Specializing in peonies in May and heirloom annuals all summer long, Larkspur’s owner Beth Barnett continues to honor the farm’s floral tradition with it’s acre-wide growing plot blooming with local color.
Commitment to Sustainable Farming
Larkspur began farming their own flowers in 2008, using sustainable and organic farming methods to raise over 50 types of well-loved and unique flower varieties every year. All the seeds planted are organic and heirloom stock, and the resulting blooms are colorful, long-lasting, and beautifully textured. Larkspur’s flower farm is committed to low-till methods, uses organic and naturally found soil amendments, and liberal use of cover crop and co-planting for weed control. In 2014, Larkspur began using biodegradable corn-based plastic mulch film to eliminate the need for petroleum-based plastics.
Locally Grown Flowers
Looking for locally grown flowers for your wedding or event? Ask us about our buckets of blooms program for DIY clients. Here is a month-by-month guide of some of the varieties Larkspur has available from the farm. Look forward to your favorite bloom or explore new blossoms as the season progresses:
- May: Lilac, Peonies, Mock Orange, Lamb’s Ear, Bridal Veil
- June: Peonies, Forget-me-nots, Bachelor Buttons, Yarrow, Lavender, Lamb’s Ear, Feverfew
- July: Ageratum, Yarrow, Kiss-Me-Over-The-Garden-Gate, Zinnias, Nigella, Scabiosa, Snapdragons, Strawflower, Cerinthe, Gomphrena, Basil, Lisianthus
- August: Zinnias, Kiss-Me-Over-The-Garden-Gate, Celosia, Queen Anne’s Lace, Lisanthus, Dahlias, Ageratum, Gomphrena
- September: Zinnias, Celosia, Dahlias
Where to find Larkspur Farm Flowers
Set up a weekly delivery from our Chicago studio or pick-up from the farm by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us mid June through late September at the South Loop Farmer’s Market southloopfarmersmarket.com