Larkspur’s Flower Farm
Larkspur’s flower farm is located in rural Southwest Michigan in the lovely, redbud tree-lined town of Buchanan. Specializing in peonies in May and heirloom annuals and perennials all summer long, Larkspur’s owner Beth Barnett continues to honor the farm’s floral tradition with it’s acre-wide growing plot blooming with local color.
Commitment to Sustainable Farming
Larkspur began growing their own flowers in 2008, using sustainable and organic farming methods to raise over 50 types of well-loved and unique flower varieties. On our 20 acre farm we commit to low-till methods, use organic and naturally found soil amendments, and liberally use cover crop and co-planting for weed control.
Locally Grown Flowers
Looking for locally grown flowers for your wedding or event? Ask us about our buckets of blooms program for DIY clients. Here is a month-by-month guide of some of the varieties Larkspur has available from the farm. Look forward to your favorite bloom or explore new blossoms as the season progresses:
- May: Lilac, Peonies, Mock Orange, Lamb’s Ear, Bridal Veil
- June: Peonies, Forget-me-nots, Bachelor Buttons, Yarrow, Lavender, Lamb’s Ear, Feverfew, Ageratum, Nigella, Snapdragons
- July: Ageratum, Yarrow, Kiss-Me-Over-The-Garden-Gate, Zinnias, Nigella, Scabiosa, Snapdragons, Strawflower, Cerinthe, Gomphrena, Basil, Lisianthus, Dill, Fennel, Painted Tongue, Lavender
- August: Zinnias, Kiss-Me-Over-The-Garden-Gate, Celosia, Queen Anne’s Lace, Lisanthus, Dahlias, Ageratum, Gomphrena, Scabiosa, Calandula, Strawflower
- September: Zinnias, Celosia, Dahlias, Coxcomb, Snapdragons, Lisianthus, Fennel, Zinnias, Calendula
Where to find Larkspur Farm Flowers
Set up a weekly delivery from our Chicago studio or pick-up from the farm by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org